Wednesday, October 11, 2017

VOCABULARY - Things your do in the morning - Part 2

REMEMBER: Several responses might be acceptable

Choose the best one:

1.I’m not __________ to ( = I’m not very excited about) driving to work today. It’sraining and I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of traffic.
a)looking forward                       b) looking back                        c) looking

2.I always hit the __________ button on my alarm clock several times before Iactually wake up.
a)sleep more                                b) dream                                  c) snooze

3.P1: Where’s my gray coat? P2: Don’t you remember? It’s at the __________.
a)cleaning                                    b) clean                                    c) cleaners

4.A person who functions best in the morning (as opposed to at night) is commonly referred to as a __________.
a)morning man                            b) morning person                    c) morning people

5.I need to __________ the bathroom.
a)use                                             b) utilize                                   c) use up

6.I never take baths, I take __________.
a)shower                                       b) showers                                c) to shower

7.I have to __________ ( = I have to go). I’ll call you later.
a)run away                                   b) race                                        c) run

8.P1: Do you want me to make you some eggs? P2: No, let’s __________ for breakfast.
a)eat                                              b) go get                                    c) go out

9.P1: Why are you so __________ ( = in a bad mood) this morning? P2: I’m __________because I didn’t sleep well.
a)grumpy                                       b) greedy                                  c) giddy

10.I like to read __________ while I drink my coffee in the morning.
a)paper                                           b) the paper                              c) newspaper

No comments:

Post a Comment