Wednesday, October 11, 2017

VOCABULARY - Fixing your car 1

REMEMBER: Several responses might be acceptable

Choose the best one:

1.You have to get your car ___________ every 3,000 miles. ( = inspected by amechanic/repaired)
a)served                            b) serviced                              c) set

2.I ___________ two months ago.
a)oil change                      b) changed the oil                   c) changed oil

3.The car is making ___________ when I drive. I noticed it last week.
a)a perplexing ruckus       b) odd sound                           c) a strange noise

4.Person1: When are you going to get your car fixed? P2: I’m ___________ this weekend. I won’tbe able to do it during the week.
a)taking it in                     b) taking it on                          c) taking it into

5.My old mechanic was a ___________! ( = dishonest person)
a)crooked                          b) crack                                    c) crook

6.He ___________ me ( = asked me to pay) less than I thought he would.
a)exceeded                        b) charged                                c) charred

7.I know a very good, honest mechanic. He’ll never ___________. ( = cheat you)
a)rip you off                      b) rip you                                 c) replace you

8.I need to get my muffler ___________. It’s making a lot of noise.
a)replenished                     b) replaced                               c) reviewed

9.The shop gave me an estimate: $500.00. Wow, that seems a little ___________.( = high)
a)steep                               b) stop                                       c) stoop

10.The ___________ ended up costing way more than I expected.
a)fixings                            b) repairs                                   c) costs

No comments:

Post a Comment